Sunday, January 2, 2011

Leaving tonight!

Hello!  Today my minister announced that I'd be keeping a blog in Chile, so if you're from Holmdel UCC, welcome!

It's about 2:45 here in NJ, and I'm leaving in a few hours for the airport!  We're flying out of JFK, which is sort of a pain since it's an hour and a half away, but at least it's still nearby!  I'm almost completely pack finally!  I'm probably bringing too much stuff, but I figure that, as long as it all fits in my bags, it's fine. 

Fun fact: Chile is two hours ahead of New Jersey.  Hopefully that means jet lag won't apply!

I'm pretty nervous about meeting my host family and living with them for a month!  I've never been a guest in someone's home for so long.  I'll have my own room, though, and a roommate, so I don't think it should be too awkward.  I really hope I bond with the family!

Well, that's all I have for now!  I'll post again in a few days when I'm in CHILE!  I'll post pictures, too!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment